Re: x86 buildd for experimental ?

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Actually, sbuild uses plain apt-get and apt-cache to handle build deps
> these days; so if apt can handle a dependency, then so can sbuild.
>
> The problem really is the fact that experimental has 'NoAuto: yes' (or
> what is it again) set in its Release file, so unless you explicitly
> specify that you want to download and install from experimental, that's
> not going to happen.

 It's not a problem of "NoAuto: yes": as you note yourself, there's no
 way with plain APT to pull from a repository only when it's required.

 You could argue that APT lacks the feature, but I think we need some
 higher level program to force APT into installing the correct versions
 (just like pbuilder-satisfydepends-experimental does for example).

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>