Re: update-inetd

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> I used to have proftpd in inetd.conf but with a increase connection
> limit value and on every update the update-inetd would complain that
> the entry it expects differs from the one found.
>
> That should be fixed if it isn't already.

Another issue is IPv6 support.  Currently, packages are only adding
IPv4 entries.  In most cases, they should be adding a corresponding
IPv6 (tcp6 or udp6) entries as well.  Doing this by hand results in
the above warning as well.

The solution to this could be
a) Every package calling update-inetd should call it twice; once for
   IPv4, and again for IPv6.  This would require all packages to be
   updated.
b) update-inetd should default to creating both unless explicitly told
   not to.  This has the advantage of being transparent.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh