Re: Stuff the installer does which isn't done on upgrade....

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 07:58:20PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> I don't know about the installer, but all filesystems I created with
> mke2fs recently also have resize_inode, which isn't even in the tune2fs
> manpage.

It's not in the tune2fs man page because e2fsprogs doesn't currently
support adding the resize_inode feature after the fact; this is one
you have to do at mke2fs time.  (There is an ext2prepare program that
will do this, but the code has been too scary for me to just integrate
into e2fsprogs with a complete rewrite, and I haven't had time to do
this.)

The e2fsprogs-udeb package does include the mke2fs.conf file, so if
the installer is using the latest e2fsprogs-udeb, it should be
creating filesystems with the dir_index and resize_inode features.

						- Ted