Re: A question on setting setuid bit

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 08:37:52PM -0400, LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) wrote:

> I am building a package in which one of the binary has
> to have the setuid and setgid bits set.  I wonder which
> one of the following two is the more appropriate method
> to use?

  It looks like you've got the answer to this already, but
 it is worth considering whether the bit needs to be set
 by default.

  Perhaps a debconf question like man-db, or cdrecord, could
 allow the user to disable/enable this.

  I'd want to be extremely sure that the package had no
 buggy code before installing it setuid/setgid.   If you'd
 like somebody to check over the code for you, or as a
 second pair of eyes, then please consider asking the auditing
 people: