Re: Using the SSL snakeoil certificate

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006, Brian May wrote:
> I don't expect such a system to implement virtual hosting without
> system administrator intervention, but a naming convention for the files

We must make this intervention easy, but other than that...

> that supports virtual hosts would be even better IMHO, e.g.:
>
> /etc/.../$hostname/...
>
> Where hostname is the name of the host identified by the
> certificate. That way adding/removing other certificates is easy.

I very much doubt it would be easy to get the many APPs to expand that
"$hostname"...

IMHO we will be best served by going simple on this one and providing a
boxed solution for single-certificate-per-host only.

The much safer and saner per-service-certificate-per-host will require
per-service configuration anyway...

  Henrique Holschuh