problem with standards version & lintian

Hi,
one of my packages hast the lintian warning that the
standards version it uses it newer. Yacpi has standards
version 3.7.2 and at the time of uploading yacpi this
version of the debian-policy was released.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/debian-policy.html shows
2006-05-04 as date for debian-policy and
http://packages.qa.debian.org/y/yacpi.html shows
2006-05-25 as date for yacpi.
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mNico_Golde.html#yacpi
Shows W: yacpi source: newer-standards-version 3.7.2

If I look at http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tnewer-standards-version.html
it seems that there is a huge set of packages which have
this problem.

What is the problem here?
Please correct me if I missed something.
Kind regards
Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF