Re: adding ddccontrol to debian

Fabrice Lorrain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the last 5 months, I encountered twice LCD flat screens without
> hardware control or with half functionnal hardware control.
>
> The proper way to configure those screens was with software through the
> ddc protocol. The only software I'm aware of working under linux is
> ddccontrol [1] which is not in sid yet.
>
> Bored DD's might take some pleasure to warm the current frozen ITP [2].
> Users eyes might bless your name for that in the etch time.
>
> @+,
>     Fab
>
> [1] http://ddccontrol.sourceforge.net/
> [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=322774

Fabrice,

The current ITP is not frozen :-)

I have a package ready at the moment.  However, it only cleanly builds
with the version of gcc in Sarge.  I have been assured by upstream that
a new release is forthcoming which fixes the build issues with gcc 4.x.
 Once it is out, the package will be updated and uploaded.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto