Re: alternatives and priorities

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> If you have a look at the order of the by_vote numbers for editors,
> you'll see that vim, not nvi or nano, is at the top.

A list like this only seems meaningful if the entries are fairly
consistent with each other.

For instance, if you have packages like:

    PACKAGE NAME                USE COUNT
    EDITOR-1                    123
    EDITOR-2-VERSION-3          55
    EDITOR-2-VERSION-3.1        49
    EDITOR-2-VERSION-4          73

The package "EDITOR-1" is "more popular" than any other _package_, but
one could also fairly say that EDITOR-2 is actually more popular than
EDITOR-1 in general.  Which should be higher priority?

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?