Re: multiarch status update

#include <hallo.h>
* Matt Taggart and others [Wed, May 10 2006, 02:00:47AM]:

>   http://wiki.debian.org/multiarch

Looking at all that I have a simple question: do we need a such kind of
invasive multiarch integration. There only things I have to use which
are not available for native amd64. For this things, we could create
"installer" packages which integrate that software and cook the whole
dependency chain from i386 Debian packages, by relocating the files and
editing the package attributes. This workaround can be created (or is
already created) full painless than introducing a whole multiarch
system. I agree with people argumenting that sometimes using i386
versions does mean real speedup but I don't believe that this does
count.

Eduard.