Re: Intent to hijack Bacula

On 5/9/06, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
Hello,

I intend to take over the Bacula package.  I would first like to say
thanks to Jose Luis Tallon for initially packaging it for Debian and
maintaining it for these years.
(...)

Hi John,

Thanks for this. I'm using backuppc at work and was considering to
move our backups to bacula after upgrading our current hardware setup.
Package updates and bug squashing in general was on the roadmap.

That would be good if you, Jose and probably others joined a 'bacula'
group in alioth to keep this in group maintenance. Hopefully i would
be able to join with real work in the next month. Thoughts?

Closing, do you think it will be possible to ship in Etch a "backup
server" task using bacula ? I think that's all up to add more stuff in
debconf and prepare the task itself. Probably a goal for the first
'group upload', if you agree.

regards,
-- stratus