for those who care about GNOME^w glib applications.

Well, if you're running your favourite glib application and it seems
to be broken with the output like:
(...)
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08ced388 ***

It's probably due to the new glib (GSlice) memory allocator[0], but
it's an application bug. Please first check if it's really glib
related[1].

There's a workaround that is run the application as follows:
$ G_SLICE=always-malloc application

FYI, evolution seems to be affected and it was already fixed upstream.
Sebastian Bacher has a patch to galculator too. If you hit this bug in
other random application, please open a bug against the application
and feel free to cc: me. I'll try keep track of these bugs with
usertags.

[0] = http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/en/rndevelopers.html
         http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Memory-Slices.html

[1] = ldd `which application` | grep libglib

-- stratus