Re: Re: Implicition declarations of functions and bugs

>         Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Maybe the debian policy should require
> > -Werror-implicit-function-declaration in CFLAGS so as to avoid such
> > issue?
>
>  Following that path would lead to -Wall -Werror  :-P
>
>  I personally received some bug reports by Dann Frazier (dannf) for
>  warnings in build logs likely to cause runtime problems.  I think it's
>  the way to do it: someone maintains scripts parsing buildd logs for
>  mistakes and reporting bugs when appropriate.  Thanks dannf for your
>  work in this matter.
>
>  It might be nice to maintain such scripts under some .debian.org
>  machine to share the burden and ensure long-term availability of the
>  tool, I have no idea whether this is already the case or not.

Missed this thread, but caught it in Debian Weekly News :)

I procmail-filter all of the ia64 buildd logs through a python script
written by David Mosberger.  I also did some retroactive scanning by
pbuilding as much of the archive as I could.

I used to track status here:
  http://wiki.debian.org/ImplicitPointerConversions

But usertags make it easier:
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=dannf@debian.org;which=tag&data=implicit-pointer-conversion&archive=no

I'm certainly interested in adding addition test cases, and/or adding
other people to the procmail filter.