Re: Need for launchpad

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:45:02AM +0100, Romain Francoise wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Developers will choose to use them when and where it makes sense for
> > them to do so.
>
> Ironically enough, it looks like all Debian Developers already have an
> account there... because I have one, and I never ask for one:

There's no irony here; metadata for packages in Ubuntu is imported into
Launchpad, which includes the name of the Debian package maintainer, and
Launchpad allows this information to be browsed in the form of web pages.
For any known person in the launchpad database, there is a corresponding web
page view under /people/.

If you click "Packages" on that page, you'll see exactly where this
information came from.

--
 - mdz