Re: Calculating deps size - splitting a package

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 02:49:44PM +0100, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:17:52PM +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> >
> > Since there are currently 16 plugins, I don't want to investigate each
> > one manually. Ideally, there would be a tool, which would run ldd on
> > each plugin in turn and show the list of all direct and indirect
> > dependancies (with their installed-sizes) that adding the plugin in
> > question to a binary package would pull in. I am interested on the total
> > effect to an end-user, for each plugin.
>
> Mmm, if plugins used dlopen() ldd would not help in that respect.

They don't. The main program dlopen()s the plugins, which in turn are
just linked against whathever shared libraries they need.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216