RE: Developing a kiosk type system - advice needed

Hi

Thanks for your responses. The "suspend and always resume without
overwriting" is done by software suspend, with no problem. It is the
difficulty of resuming the writeable parts of the filesystem (/var and /tmp)
each time from an image which I am not sure about.

I am thinking about adding a script to the rc2.d (or other runlevel) which
does:

         cat /ramdisks/var.img > /dev/ram1
        mount /dev/ram1 /var
and
	cat /ramdisks/tmp.img > /dev/ram2
	mount /dev/ram2 /tmp

...would that do the job? Maybe it is simpler than I thought :-/

Simon