Re: Build packages for Debian on Ubuntu

        Hi,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005, Mikael Olenfalk wrote:
> I want to build the packages for Debian SID also and now I am
> wondering if it is possible to build packages for debian sid on
> ubuntu. I do not have another machine and wonder if it is possible to
> do this using a special chroot or something (what is this pbuilder
> thing btw?).

 Yes, pbuilder is a good option to do so, and a dchroot is another good
 option.  For pbuilder, install the pbuilder packages, and read the
 pbuilder manual page.  For a chroot, you can check "dchroot" which has
 some instructions, or the Debian installer manual, especially section
 C4 which was just updated by Frans Pop (/me waves) at:
    <http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/>

   Cheers,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>