curl status update

hi all,

  i've just uploaded curl 7.14.1-3 to experimental, it should put curl
back in a good state. i also uploaded pycurl built using curl+gnutls.

to build something with libcurl, one has to install either
libcurl3-openssl-dev or libcurl3-gnutls-dev. the built package will
depend on libcurl3 (with openssl) or libcurl3-gnutls respectively.

both libcurl3 and libcurl3-gnutls packages may finally be installed
at the same time. libcurl's rdepends packagers are now really free to
choose whatever flavour of libcurl they wish.

somebody will encourage the use of GnuTLS variant, others will stay
with the OpenSSL one. now it is only a matter of taste, licensing or
whatever else IMHO i don't even need to know. both upstream and users
are now able to make their choices without me limiting them in any way.

i'm sorry to have spent more than ~1.5 months before coming to a decent
solution, i've been really too busy to study some of the new things
i had to understand and to freshly think at what i wanted to do with
them and the package.

i wish to thank Elimar Riesebieter, Daniel Stenberg, Marco d'Itri,
Paul TBBle Hampson, Richard Atterer, Steve Langasek, Adeodato Simó,
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh, Thomas Bushnell, Otavio Salvador, Matthias
Urlichs, Olaf van der Spek, Henning Makholm and all the others i sadly
forgot to mention.  all of them someway helped me to find a hopefully
nice solution.

the testing season is then opened. if no grave bugs will be discovered
i'd upload -4 to unstable in a week or two. let me know.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://people.debian.org/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50