Re: jack still broken

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Why has it taken three months for the reverse dependencies to be rebuilt?

Because of the gcc 4 transition and C++ transition, which screwed us all
over since we needed to wait for the full dep-chain to be transitioned, and
a lot of libs took their sweet time to do it (probably because of the gcc 4
transition and FTBFS problems).

> AFAICT there weren't bugs filed against those packages telling them to
> be rebuilt, because the libjack people believe their libraries don't
> conflict.

Yes, there were.  I am a rdepend of libjack, and I was notified by direct
email with a LOT of time to spare, and later by a bug (because FTBFS with
gcc 4 delayed a new timidity a lot).

  Henrique Holschuh