Re: To Linux or not to Linux

Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> writes:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:35:23 -0600, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
>> That and--it will make most of us cringle--when other kernels are popular,
>> you'll hear lots of stuff like:
> The reason for calling it GNU (ok, GNU/Linux as the the other ports are
> not yet in a releasable state) is to enable people to find out how
> everything started and read www.gnu.org, understand the reasons, and
> eventually agree with them and why not, start to contribute and spread the
> freedom.

This is more or less valid, but please think of the context - in this
case, people should find the way to the *Debian* homepage and find out
about Debian. Especially since there are some problems between Debian
and the FSF that are still not resolved.

That's why I don't care if we call our distribution Debian Linux, Debian
GNU/Linux, Debian GNU or Debian GNU/kFreeBSD (I mean, we provide the
usual GNU userland for it, right?)

Marc
--
BOFH #409:
The vulcan-death-grip ping has been applied.