Re: To Linux or not to Linux

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> writes:
> In most places we already call our operating system simply "Debian". I
> think we should just go through the website (and CD generation scripts
> and such) and remove the few remaining references to "GNU/Linux".

This is an annoying problem for us, in my opinion. On one hand, your
solution would be the best from the "Debian as a brand" point of view,
it removes the Linux-attribute, which would help new users to realize
that Debian is a Linux-based (and GNU-based) distribution. Paying $200
a year to LMI wouldn't be smart, either, unless we would get a donor
for that (like LMI? :)

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *