Re: long long support on all archs?

On 31 Aug 2005, at 9:54 am, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Ondrej Sury]

I am unsure if such patch would be accepted upstream, since Cyrus
runs on more then Linux and *BSD variants.

Does Solaris/AIX/whatever(tm) has <stdint.h>?

I believe both SOlaris and AIX got it. It is a POSIX standard header. Check <URL:http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/ stdint.h.html#tag_13_48>.

And the int64_t type is required if the platform support 64-bit
integer types.

Tru64 has it too, as does Mac OS X. I thought it was pretty much *the* portable way of doing this, these days. Where I work, use of this header has solved a lot of problems; interestingly we tend to get 32/64 bit assumptions which are the opposite way around from normal - this place has been using Alphas more or less since they came out, and a lot of [less than careful] C coders here got used to assuming long was 64-bit (which it is, on Tru64), which gave them some nasty surprises when they tried to run their code on non-Alpha boxes. :-)

Tim.