Re: making developer location from ldap public?

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> Generally speaking, you can't turn something that everybody thought
> it was private into a public thingy without asking them to confirm
> that they don't mind it. And, no, not every DD will read this thread
> so a field in the database saying "yes, make this public" is the _only_
> way to go if you want to go that way.

Of course debian-devel is not adequate notification.  But that's a
separate question from whether opt-in is mandatory.

As yet, however, I haven't seen any good reason for opening the
information anyway.  My address is on my public web page; but many
peoples' is not.