Re: making developer location from ldap public?

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 16:51 +0200, W. Borgert wrote:
> I don't like opt-out.  Better opt-in:
>
> 4. Invent a new field "public location info" and developers
>    who care, could enter what they think is appropriate.
>
> I'm not sure, whether I would use the field.

Not just a single field, but a whole set of fields, so I might tell my
fellow DDs I live at:

123 Specific St.
City, Province, Country
postal code
specific lat/long for my house (good for driving directions)

and for everyone else:

City, Province, Country
lat/long for center of city

But I have yet to hear a case for who would use this, outside of new
maintainers, for whom we already have an accepted procedure for
keysigning meetups.

Ben