Re: removing /etc/hotplug.d/ support

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:14:53PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Gabor Gombas <gombasg@sztaki.hu> [2005.08.24.2204 +0200]:
> > So IMHO udev is more generic than hotplug.
>
> This is Unix, not monolithic-land.
>
> Also, udev was set out to do nothing other than device node
> management.

Well, having both hotplug and udev means a lot of code duplication.
That's not very Unix either...

> > > The other comment is that udev is not generally accepted. A lot
> > > of people still have reservations about it.
> >
> > I think the reason is that udev is still under rapid development
> > and people are only starting to explore the flexibility it
> > provides.
>
> Uh, that's one way of looking at it. The other might be sheer
> insanity on the side of the developers.

Well, since Greg K-H is upstream for both udev and hotplug, I'd say
that's probably quite unlikely...

[snip]

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //