In recent announce about changes in BTS (Subject: BTS version tracking
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:06:29 +0100) is described how to use new
versioning system. I'm not sure if sending mail to bug.no-done@b.d.o is
now prefered way to closing bug rather than closing it in Changelog ?
(I conclude that it is not possible to close bug for specific version,
in testing, unstable and allow to remain opened in stable closing via
Changelog, am I right ?).
Moreover I wonder if when closing via mail should I write in Changelog
sth like: this upload fixes bug number 1234567 in testing and
unstable which has been closed via mail, and add tag sarge to bug that
remain opened in &dist=stable ?

Next issue I wanted to discuss is information on the page generated by
BTS. For example: Dimitri Puzin has reported bug in specter (thanks !)
I'm currently maintaning. Both specter versions are affected
(1.3+1.4pre2-2  -> stable, 1.4-1 -> testing, unstable). On the page
generated by BTS -
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=specter
we can find specter version that bug was filled against.
But strange thing is that:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=specter&dist=stable
and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=specter&dist=unstable

show same version, 1.4-1 is missing in the list. It's a bit confusing.
In my opinion it may lead to misunderstandings :/. Do You know what I
mean ?

What do You think about that? Maybe there is something I've passed over?

Thanks in advance for answering my mail and sorry for taking Your time
if I really omitted some part of documentation or so !

Best regards,
 Grzegorz ,,Verdan'' Bizon

--
[  ,''`.  verdan@pirx.int.pl // verdan@debian.linux.org.pl ]
[ : :' :  GG: 830398         //   JID: verdan(at)chrome.pl ]