Re: Is dpkg --compare-versions canonical?

also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> [2005.08.23.2257 +0200]:
> I'm certainly willing to do so, but I thought that policy wasn't ready to
> change yet.  Wasn't it waiting on implementation of that feature in dak,
> which is currently using ~ internally for something else?

Yes, APT and dpkg support ~, dak does not yet. Thus, it can't be
policy yet.

You could still file a bug with a patch and make the bug blocked by
the corresponding bug on dak. :)

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"m.c.s.e": minesweeper consultant & solitaire expert