Re: how to fully replace another package

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 19:50 +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> The init file does, but /etc/hotplug.d/default/default.hotplug does not.

Why is this file a conffile?  I didn't see any obviously configurable
parts in it.  If it were either wholly be moved elsewhere (/sbin) or the
guts of it moved elsewhere, and only a trivial shell that calls it were
left here, would your problem be solved?  (Well, I suppose this problem
would remain: how would you guarantee upgrades were only made from fixed
versions of hotplug -> coldplug, and not older ones?)

Ben