Re: Team have veto rights, because they can just refuse the work anyway? (Was: Results of the meeting in Helsinki about the Vancouver proposal)

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 11:29:51PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wouter Verhelst]

> >    b) the three beforementioned teams could already refuse to
> >    support a port anyhow, simply by not doing the work.

> This is not really a valid argument.  If a team in debian refuses to
> accept decisions made by a majority of debian developers, or rejects
> democratic control, this team will just have to be replaced by the DPL.

It's a perfectly sensible thing to say here: from a purely practical
point of view this *could* happen and all the proposal says here is that
that isn't really on.  Instead it says that people need to tell people
why they don't want something to go ahead - discuss things rather than
passively blocking them.  That seems like a good starting point for
dealing with the conflicts that are likely to occur if this happens both
here and in other areas.