Re: aspell upgrade woes

Brian Nelson wrote:
> OK, very well then, I'll undo the GCC 4 transition for libaspell15.

Isn't there still a binary-compatibility issue here? I thought that
in an application, there must only be one version of libstdc++,
directly or indirectly. Otherwise, during runtime, symbols may resolve
from the "wrong" libstdc++, causing crashes.

So if libaspell is linked with libstdc++.so.6, and some application
links to both libaspell (through the C API), and libstdc++.so.5 (because
it is a C++ application), this application may crash, as it might pick
up symbol definitions from libstdc++.so.6 - or libaspell might crash
as it picks up some symbols from libstdc++.so.5, and some from
libstdc++.so.6.

Regards,
Martin