Re: Testing package installation, upgrading, and removal

Hi,

> > I think this can not quite do it, since the chroot will need to be a
> > woody chroot but get at least partially upgraded in each test to allow
> > installation of the sarge and sid packages. It looks like piuparts is
> > otherwise close to the tool I need.
>
> Create a lvm logical volume of a clean chroot. Make a snapshot of it,
> mount proc, do the test, kill (and probably report) any residual
> processes, umopunt proc, kill snapshot.
>
> Using lvm is the fastest way to do this. Alternatives are to copy or
> untar a clean chroot for every test. But that needs more time.

I've not yet come around to testing it;
lvm2 is supposed to be very much improved with read/write snapshots.
(compared to lvm1 which only had read-only snapshots. Correct me
if I'm wrong)

How is your experience ?

Is it stable enough?

regards,
	junichi
--
 Junichi Uekawa, Debian Developer   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/
183A 70FC 4732 1B87 57A5  CE82 D837 7D4E E81E 55C1