Re: SElinux and GNU/kFreeBSD or GNU/Hurd

Le mercredi 15 juin 2005 à 16:19 +0200, Aurelien Jarno a écrit :

I switch list though believe if an agreement is reached it should go to
d-d-a again.

> While I find it is a real improvement, it causes some problems with the
> GNU/kFreeBSD and GNU/Hurd ports as SElinux is Linux specific. The aim of
> this mail is to explain you how to correctly support these ports.
>
> * debian/rules
>   Add the following lines:
>     DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM	?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM)
>     ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM),linux)
>       selinux := --with-selinux
>     endif

I submitted such patches too but it looks from  Scott James Remnant
"Bits from the dpkg maintainer" that it would broke with dpkg 1.13

"However this will break any package that uses the value of
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU, DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM, DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE or the
DEB_BUILD_* equivalents and expects to find the string "i386" or "linux"
in them."

my feelings is we should switch to :

DPKG_HOST_ARCH_OS, DPKG_BUILD_ARCH_OS
        These new variables contain the Debian Operating System string
        for the target and build-system architectures; e.g. "linux",
        "linux" and "hurd"

Sorry not to have talks about this before your announce :(

Regards
Alban