Re: Architecture restrictions and arch: all binary packages

Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-devel@pipeline.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 07:49:25AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> For buildds there are 3 mechanisms in place:
>>
>> 1. no auto list of the buildd
>>
>> Per buildd setting to avoid packages not suitable for a specific
>> buildd (e.g. needs more ram/disk than this buildd has).
>>
>> 2. not-for-us state
>>
>> Wanna-build per arch setting flaging the package to do serious harm to
>> the buildd and not build it.
>>
>> 3. package-arch-specific
>>
>> Global list of package to be excluded for each arch and the long term
>> solution for not-for-us
>>
>> p-a-s is on cvs.debian.org and buildd admins should know about it. So
>> don't worry about it too much. If they wan't to not build openafs they
>> can fix it.
>>
>> MfG
>>         Goswin
> Hi Goswin,
> as part of my ever watchfull eye on the mineutuia of the Debian build
> process, I recall reading about some 'lists' that were used by the
> buildd script: build-when-idle and do-not-build lists.
> Is this related?
> if so, what uses these 'mechanism' (or lists)?
> the buildd script?
> Are they lists-as-in-text-files?
> Thanks for any 'hints'!
> Cheers,
> Kev

/etc/buildd.conf.global:

# list of packages which shouldn't be picked up by buildd
@no_auto_build = ();

# list of packages which should only be taken if there absolutely
# nothing else to do (probably packages included in @no_auto_build
# because they take too long)
@weak_no_auto_build = ();

They are part of the buildd conffile and used by the buildd binary.

MfG
        Goswin