Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

<quote who="Ian Murdock" date="2005-06-07 11:34:05 -0500">
> Second, I've been trying to start a private conversation about
> this very issue since last November, and my attempts to do
> so have largely been ignored. If taking the concern
> public is the only way to get it addressed, then so be it.

Since this doesn't seem to have reached the right ears so far, it
might be worth clarifying I think that the proper place to address
this technical and administrative issues with Ubuntu is on
ubuntu-devel[1]. I don't think that raising the issue there would be
jumping into the wolf pit but can understand why one would be hesitant
given the nature of many email communities. If it needs to private,
contacting Matt Zimmerman or myself is probably the best route.

Regards,
Mako

[1] ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

--