Re: Release update: minor delay; no non-RC fixes; upgrade reports

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 06:02:52PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:

> That's still requiring /manual intervention/, and lying about the true
> state of the bug to the BTS.  Ideally the BTS should understand that
> the bug was closed by a particular version of the package (the one
> which had Closes: in it), and the bug is still present in earlier
> versions (perhaps it should also have the ability to record the
> version the bug appeared in as well).  The BTS should be able to know
> that a bug is closed in testing automatically, rather than me sending
> messages to control@b.d.o; I must have sent at least 30 the past week
> alone.

I remember somebody proposing that bugs be actually closed when the package
passes to testing, and tagged as sid-fixed or something like that in the
meantime, for bugs closed from the changelog.

That is probably one of the things that are being considered for the BTS in
the near future.

--
Agustin