Re: Debian kernels

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 20:36 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > 1) What's the timeframe? Should it be available for Sarge, so it needs
> > >    quick packaging?
[...]
> Uh, I don't care how quickly you package it, we're not promoting a totally
> new package from unstable to stable in the space of a week.  Sorry.
 Err, my wording was wrong. I meant prepare it to run in a Sarge
environment or not. But I do not want it to be official either, but as
an add-on from an unofficial apt-repository.
Btw, it will need ftp-masters approval even, as it will be a new
package, then more tests, bugreports to fix, etc; no way for official
support in Sarge, I know it.

Sorry for the confusion,
Laszlo/GCS