Re: Regarding unresponsive Debian maintainers (was: Re: Open-Source environments for Java)

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 12:55:30AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> > I have seen cases of maintainers that have packages with may bug reports,
> > without any indication of an intent to fix them.
>
> Exactly. It is a frustration to have a bug filed for, say, almost one year
> (Lack of time during one year? Better drop the position of being a Debian
> developer, then).

Admittedly there are probably a fair number of cases where developers
are waiting for sarge to stop this damned *looming* over the project
and get out the way, before making changes which are neither critical
nor trivial.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |