Re: shell script sniplets in /usr/bin?

#include <hallo.h>
* Jeroen van Wolffelaar [Sun, Jan 30 2005, 01:58:32PM]:

> > > While the FHS is not as explicit as it might be, with the application of a
> > > bit of common sense it is sufficiently clear.

ACK. gettext.sh in /usr/bin is like dropping your pants on the front
door explaining it with "will never forget them when I leave the house".

> > One should think so, but the presence of /usr/bin/gettect.sh and
> > the fact that my bug report was closed by the maintainer shed some
> > doubt on it.  Any idea how I should proceed?
>
> In the unfortunate event you and the maintainer cannot come to agreement
> on a technical issue, refer it to the technical committee [1]. It is of
> course much preferred to try to come to an agreement yourselves.

Just FYI: some packages (at least one I maintain) have a hardcoded path
to /usr/bin/gettext.sh _without_ checking for its existance. Removal of
this file would break them immediately. Therefore we should have a clear
transition plan before changing the current locations (and this should
be done after Sarge, of course).

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<asuffield> we should have a button on every computer marked "?", and
  connected to twenty pounds of semtex, and then let evolution take its