Re: General question about releases

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 13:04, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Count the number of entries in the Packages / Sources file?
>
> You should realy count source packages I think as that better reflects
> the amount of software than all the multi deb packages.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Quick test:

koke@ababol ~ $ for dist in stable testing unstable;do COUNT=`wget -q -O - http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/$dist/main/source/Sources.gz | gzip -cd | grep "^Package:" | wc -l`; echo "$dist: $COUNT";done
stable: 5220
testing: 8502
unstable: 8923

--
Jorge Bernal "Koke"
Personal:  koke@sindominio.net

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra