PHP application packaging policy/best practice?

Hi,

I am preparing an ITP for a PHP application that is currently under
development at my place of employment. While thinking about packaging
it, I was wondering if there is any PHP application policy or best
practice. I am now leaning to a setup as follows:

/usr/lib/appname/php      Publicly loadable PHP pages
/usr/lib/appname/lib        Included PHP libraries (not reachable via httpd)
/var/lib/appname             Persistant data
/etc/appname/appname.cfg Configuration
/etc/appname/apache.conf   Apache configuration (symlink from
/etc/apache/conf.d)

Note that I chose /usr/lib over /usr/share because according to the
FHS, /usr/share is meant for "all read-only architecture independent
data files". Although PHP files are read-only and architecture
indepedent, I consider them as programs.

Any thoughts?

-Kees
--
Kees Leune <kees@leune.org>