Re: dh_installdocs ignores package.README.Debian

    Faheem> Incidentally, I'm a bit mystified by the

    Faheem> dh_installdocs -A -A...

    Faheem> in the second invocation of dh_installdocs below. (I inherited this
    Faheem> rules file from an earlier version of this package). I can't
    Faheem> understand (from the man page) what this is supposed to do.

I can't help with the first problem, but this looks wrong. I think the
first '-A' should be a lowercase '-a'. Otherwise, it will install docs
into binary-indep packages from the binary-arch rule; I believe this
is wrong.

    Faheem> # Build architecture-independent files here.
    Faheem> binary-indep: install doc/manual.pdf doc/pyxfaq.pdf
    Faheem> dh_testdir
    Faheem> dh_testroot
    Faheem> dh_install -p python-pyx-doc manual/manual.pdf faq/pyxfaq.pdf
    Faheem> examples/examples.pdf usr/share/doc/python-pyx-doc
    Faheem> dh_install -i --sourcedir=debian/tmp
    Faheem> dh_installchangelogs -i CHANGES
    Faheem> dh_installdocs -i -A README AUTHORS
    Faheem> dh_link -i
    Faheem> dh_compress -i
    Faheem> dh_fixperms -i
    Faheem> dh_installdeb -i
    Faheem> dh_gencontrol -i
    Faheem> dh_md5sums -i
    Faheem> dh_builddeb -i

All dh_* commands here should have "-i" so they will only act on
binary-indep packages. These look OK to me, including dh_install which
uses -p to specify a package instead.

    Faheem> # Build architecture-dependent files here.
    Faheem> binary-arch: install
    Faheem> dh_testdir
    Faheem> dh_testroot
    Faheem> dh_install -a --sourcedir=debian/tmp
    Faheem> dh_installchangelogs -a CHANGES
    Faheem> dh_installdocs -A -A README AUTHORS
    Faheem> dh_installexamples -X .svn
    Faheem> dh_python
    Faheem> dh_link -a
    Faheem> dh_strip
    Faheem> dh_compress -a
    Faheem> dh_fixperms -a
    Faheem> dh_installdeb -a
    Faheem> dh_shlibdeps -a
    Faheem> dh_gencontrol -a
    Faheem> dh_md5sums -a
    Faheem> dh_builddeb -a

All dh_ commands here should have "-a" so they will only act on
binary-arch packages (dh_install{docs,examples} look wrong; Also
dh_python and dh_strip look suspicious but could be OK).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>