Possible NMU for Ghostscript packages

Hi all,

[Cc'd torsten (the current gs maintainer), peterh (who did several
NMUs on gs-common and kmuto (the CUPS maintainer).  I'm not on
d-d@org, so please Cc me if needed]

I wanted to use the latest Ghostscripts for testing purpose, so made
Debian packages of them.

For those who want to give them a try, you can apt-get my packages
from:

deb http://people.debian.org/~mhatta/debian/gs ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~mhatta/debian/gs ./

I think these have releasable quality as official Debian packages.

Note that I've changed their names from gs(-aladdin) to gs-gpl or
gs-afpl.  I hope I made it a smooth upgrade from the older releases
(dependencies are carefully set and dummy packages are provided), but
it might fsck up your system, so be careful.  CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Also be advised that a bunch of printer drivers torsten added manually
have been removed since I'm not sure they are still in use and some of
them are outdated and don't work with 8.x.  Please let me know if you
need them (patches are welcome, I use dpatch).

BTW, the Debian gs(-common|-aladdin) package has not been updated as
often as desired, and bugs are steadily accumulated.  Some of them are
actually well worth RC IMHO.  How do you think about NMUing those
stuff?

Besides, I think it would be nice to form a maintenance team for
Ghostscript packages since some coordination is needed among these
three flavors (e.g. priority).  I'm willing to volunteer (I maintain
gs-esp anyway), are there any others who are intersted in this?

Enjoy,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Graduate School of Economics, University of Tokyo