Re: Screw non-free.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 08:30:42AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Hrm? There was a clause that said something to the effect of third
> > parties not being able to distribute it at all (ie, you have to get it
> > from blackdown or Sun) when it was last uploaded. I don't recall any
> > contamination stuff.
> The license forbids to distribute anything which might be used to
> replace parts of the Java package (e.g. another run time or Java
> library).

Hrm, must've been a different license to the one that I saw then. (I can't
imagine anyone uploading that license to NEW anyway, so...)

In any event, I don't see any major problem working with upstream to
get a license that's acceptable for non-free for things like the Jdk
and Acrobat. Unless Debian decides that we don't want non-free stuff,
or to ever give non-free software authors anything to be happy about.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004