Re: Apt and rsync... I know...

Scripsit Doug Holland <meldroc@frii.com>

> > openoffice.org (1.1.0-5) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> >   * Modified patches:
> >     - recent-files.diff: #include <assert.h>, fixes build failure on
> >       powerpc [RE]
> >
> >  -- Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>  Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:25:20 +0100

> That's it.  One piddly little patch, which most likely affected one line of
> source code, required me to waste 2.5 hours of dialup bandwidth downloading
> a .deb file that's almost identical to the one I downloaded yesterday.

It seems to me that much of such grief could be averted more easily by
inventing an easy way to inspect the changelogs before downloading the
entire set of .debs, and then decide package-for-package which ones to
upgrade.

(Or has this already been mentioned in the earlier discussions, which
I freely admit not having read?)

--
Henning Makholm                                      "Punctuation, is? fun!"