Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

* Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) wrote:
> The 20% increase happens with or without my design. Thats just
> multiarch support if its done for every lib in debian, _if_.
>
> We certainly don't need everything to be 64 bit.

For sparc64 and the slow-in-64bit ones, that's true.  That's not true
for ia64 or amd64.  I notice you left out ia64 in your list above, why
is that?  Surely that's actually more like how amd64 should be since
it's faster in 64bit than 32bit from what I understand.

	Stephen