Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:54:56PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
>    library with the correct ABI.  Except unless you use bin64, these
>    will not be dual-installable meaning that only one of the libraries
>    will ever need to be installed at the same time as well.

you can install bin1pkg:i386 and bin2pkg:amd64 - that way you still need both libc6 ABIs.

Why not have bin/<arch>/ and have symlinks from bin/sh to bin/<arch>/sh for the default.

I am strongly against introducing new top-level directories, btw.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --