Re: apt-listchanges (Re: Advice on how best to handle non-backwards compatibility)

Clinging to sanity, Steve Greenland mumbled in his beard:

> Ah, I know how to solve the problem. A new debconf template item type
> "news", each associated with a particular version, which are optionally
> displayed during the install, and dumped in appropriate order and
> language to /usr/share/doc/NEWS.Debian during the install.

That does not sound like a good idea, I think. The first part (debconf
templ) is fine imho, but please dump into NEWS.Debian.xx files - if the
locale setting is changed, debconf will automatically show all future
messages in the new languages, but you're not going to re-create all
NEWS.Debian files...

cheers
-- vbi

--