[RFH] Time shortage, other issues

[ Please keep marcelo.magallon@bigfoot.com in the Cc: ]

Hi people,

 happy new year!

 My key was removed from the keyring after the break-in in December.
 After reading on the issue I asked the keyring maintainer(s?) to
 clarify a couple of issues and to confirm that what I was doing was
 actually what I had to do with the key. I got a reply (12/14/2003) from
 Mike Beattie regarding the issue (and I'm willing to believe that I got
 a second one which I haven't been able to read) and I was told that I
 just had to wait and that James would process my updated key in due
 time.

 Fast forward to the present day...

 From the look of it, my key _is_ in the keyring again, although I
 haven't got any confirmation of this whatsoever.  What's this "it" I'm
 looking at?  http://db.debian.org/ does list my current key (unlike at
 the start of December, when it only listed a key which was revoked a
 couple of years ago).  It think it's a reasonable assumption to think
 that this information is extracted from the keyring, and not, say, a
 random keyserver on the net.

 With that in mind, when I try to either reset my password _or_ update
 my SSH key I get a reply which says:

    Error: An error occured while performing the LDAP lookup
    ==> Message Error: Key not found

    Please email admin@db.debian.org if you have any questions.

 I had this problem before, back in October, when trying to update my
 SSH key.  Back then I wrote to admin@db.d.o this:

     > Error: An error occured while performing the LDAP lookup
     > ==> Message Error: Key not found

     Come again, in English?  I'm not sure which key it's looking for,
     my GPG signature or my new SSH key?  I'd like to use a DSA key, is
     that not supported?  Looks like this:

    ssh-dss AAAA[...]K24CU= marcelo@jacinta

 Martin Schulze promptly replied:

     > I thought that the mail interface to LDAP is only working with
     > GPG/PGP keys and not with SSH keys.  Things may have changed when
     > I was not looking, though...

 A couple of weeks ago I wrote to admin@db.d.o:

     Could you please change that message to say _which_ key it is
     looking for and make it clear _where_ this key is not being found?
     Looking at http://db.debian.org/ my key _is_ in the LDAP database
     (AFAIUI this is what db.debian.org queries).  Some days ago my old
     (revoked) PGP key was showing up, but now my current GPG key is
     there, so I really have _no clue whatsoever_ what the above message
     means.  My best guess is that this message means "your key is not
     in the keyring" which for whatever reason is not what db.debian.org
     queries.

     My debian.org address is _not_ forwarded outside master, I used to
     pick my E-Mail by SSH from it, so if you have tried to notify me of
     anything or request anything using that address I haven't received
     it.

 No reply thus far.

 So, in short, since the darned thing is not accepting my requests to
 reset or change information, and since my email is not forwarded
 outside master (c.f. quote above), and since I have no indication that
 this is going to change in the near future, I'm basically not doing any
 maintainer work (not uploading packages, not replying to bugs, not
 replying to email requests, no nothing).  I have some updates sitting
 here on my computer (or maybe not, I have to double check), but that's
 basically it.  On top of that, for personal and work reasons I'm
 probably not going to be able to do any maintainer work between now and
 until after March 2004.  I'm probably going to be replying to email (if
 I ever manage to get my d.o mail back), but that will be pretty much
 it.

 With all that said...

 My packages:

    3ddesktop
    asclock
    devil
    ftgl
    gerris
    gltt
    glui
    gtkgl2
    gtkglarea
    gtkglareamm
    gtkglext
    gtkglextmm
    gts
    lib3ds
    libproplist
    math3d
    mesa
    mesademos
    panorama
    vdslib
    view3ds
    wmaker
    wmaker-data
    wmaker-usersguide
    wmload

 If someone is interested in helping out with these, please drop me a
 line.  A few notes:

    ftgl

        I think this has made it to the archive, but I'm not sure atm.
        This is _not_ up for adoption.

    gltt

        This should be phased out, use FTGL if you need this
        functionality.  FTGL is maintained, GLTT is not.

    gtkgl2
    gtkglarea
    gtkglareamm
    gtkglext
    gtkglextmm

        Too much stuff doing the same task.  gtkgl2 SHOULD NOT be used.
        gtkglarea (and therefore gtkglareamm) is obsolete.  Use gtkglext
        or gtkglextmm.  Doesn't need much of a clue regarding OpenGL,
        but if I'm faced with packages with depend on NVIDIA's libraries
        for some reason, I'm show up at your door and beat you up with a
        cluebat.

    libproplist

        This should be kicked out once the last package depending on
        it dissappears.

    mesa

        If you have Voodoo hardware... help!

    panorama

        There's a new version upstream, but I can't get it to compile
        properly

    wmaker

        There's a couple of people listed as comaintainers, but I
        haven't seen much activity from them lately.  Feel free to help
        with an eye towards co-maintaining this if possible.

 TIA,

 Marcelo