Re: removing in postrm rc*.d symlinks that I did not create

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:01:07 +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:10:09 +0100, Michal Politowski wrote in part:
[...]
> > Thus, if Nicolas would want to use invoke-rc.d to maybe run the init script
> > of his package on upgrades, it would be necessary to install K links by
> > default.
>
> invoke-rc.d doesn't currently support the try-restart method which is what
> is really required to support services configured in the "floating" state.
> So if the maintainer is going to initialize the service in the floating
> state then he must avoid using invoke-rc.d in his maintainer scripts.  (I
> was assuming that he wouldn't want to run the initscript on upgrade.)

Me too. But I wanted to point this out in case he decided to do it.

> See #243159 for background.

Thanks for the info.
I was under the impression that K links should usually do the job, but
indeed supporting the "floating" mode would have its benefits.

--
Michał Politowski
Talking has been known to lead to communication if practised carelessly.