Re: Linux Core Consortium

Bruce,

The history there is much more complex that that; you are
oversimplifying. In fact, with my perspective, the failure occurred
before that, but (un)intended consequences of the Consortium agreement,
which disenfranchised the flourishing community we had built. Pay for
say, and centralized development teams funded by such payers, are a
major trap.

Equally important, however, was that UNIX went to the high end, where
there was profit to be made in the short term (but no volume), and M$
went to the low end, where there was volume, and eventual major profit.

That being said, certainly UNIX's disunity was a major aid to Microsoft.
Repeating that history would not be good.

			- Jim