Re: Legal budget and Director-and-officer insurance related to packages with "adult" themes

Andrew Suffield wrote:

Oh come on, they're at far greater risk from our overly-permissive
approach to copyright and patent issues.

The copyright and patent problems faced by Debian are issues that we have studied in depth. Indeed, working on that has taken up a good deal of my life for the past several years. We have resources lined up to help us when it becomes a problem.

In contrast, those resources aren't inclined to help us with the questionable-material problem, and we have not researched it at all. If we're going to make a stand about it, we'd better start learning.

   Thanks

   Bruce